Accessing resources and reading books can help you understand hoarding and what to do if you work in a support role or if you know a loved one living in a situation of hoarding or squalor.
- Digging Out: Helping Your Loved One Manage Clutter, Hoarding, and Compulsive Acquiring by Michael A. Tompkins (Author), Tamara L. Hartl (Author)
- The Hoarding Handbook: A Guide for Human Service Professionals by Christiana Bratiotis (Author), Cristina Sorrentino Schmalisch (Author), Gail Steketee (Author)
Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Gail Steketee (Author), Randy Frost (Author)
- Overcoming Compulsive Hoarding: Why You Save and How You Can Stop by Jerome Bubrick (Author), Fugen Neziroglu (Author), Jose Yaryura-Tobias (Author), Patricia B. Perkins (Foreword)
- Treatment for Hoarding Disorder: Workbook (Treatments That Work) by Gail Steketee (Author), Randy O. Frost (Author)
- Coming Clean by Kimberly Rae Miller (a memoir)
- The Hoarder in You: How to Live a Happier, Healthier, Uncluttered Life by Robin Zasio (Author)